For yoga practitioners, it’s never a good sign when halfway through class, your pants begin to slide down your waist or scrunch up around your ankles. Yoga is an often meditative practice that’s about connecting your body and mind, so it’s best not to plague yourself with annoying distractions. The best yoga pants may differ in style, but their purpose is to become almost unnoticeable—to let you enjoy your practice without thinking about what you’re wearing. The same can be said for any occasion—mat not required!—when you’re wearing yoga pants.
What you may think of as traditional yoga pants (or flared leggings, thanks to TikTok) may be a pair of slim, stretchy, flared pants. But, in truth, yoga pants come in a myriad of styles. There are leggings, which hug your legs to the ankle, and flared iterations. There are neutral hues, bright colors, and even wacky prints. And, while spandex may be a familiar material, cotton with a slight stretch can be a worthy choice for working out too.
Ahead, you’ll find a breakdown of 23 styles that we recommend for your own practice. Since these labels also have long lists of celebrity fans, know that you’ll be in good company, even if you’re doing a quick 10-minute flow at home alone.
Alo Yoga has a long list of celebrity fans, and for good reason. Its minimal-yet-cool take on athleisure has become the LA uniform.
Alo Yoga Airbrush 7/8 bootcut leggings
- Why we love It: The bootcut silhouette is a throwback to the early ’00s and still feels particularly of the moment today when worn with a matching crop top.
- Fabric: Polyester and spandex
- Endorsed By: Kendall Jenner can often be seen posting photos and tagging the brand on Instagram.
Free People’s activewear spinoff FP movement offers trendy takes on comfy sportswear that you can dress up or down.
Free People Free Throw leggings
- Why We Love It: For something that’s between spandex leggings and a pair of sweats, these are the pants to slide into.
- Fabric: 95% cotton, 5% elastane
- Endorsed By: Selena Gomez and Kaia Gerber are fans of the brand’s trendy pieces.
If you prefer styles with a fitted legging silhouette, you’ll find plenty of options from Girlfriend Collective. The brand is also environmentally-focused with a recycling program that allows you to return your leggings when you’re finished with them.
Girlfriend high-rise leggings
- Why we love them: These high-rise leggings put versatility first. Sizes range from XXS-6XL, there are eight different colors to choose from, and you can even decide between two different inseam lengths. If you like having options, these are the leggings for you.
- Fabric: 83% recycled plastic bottles (RPET) and 17% spandex
- Endorsed By: This colorful brand has been worn by Kerry Washington and Paloma Elsesser.
NYC-based designer Tory Burch has built a fashion empire creating classic, preppy staples with a modern and elevated twist. No surprise, her sportswear fits right in line with the rest of her work.
Tory Burch chevron 7/8 leggings
- Why we love It: This style is a continual best-seller for a reason. It’s simple, with a distinctive design twist that feels unique to the brand.
- Fabric: Nylon-spandex blend
- Endorsed By: A wide range of celebs are friends of the brand, from Ariana Grande to Sofia Richie to Kate Middle.
This L.A.-based sportswear brand is great for those who like to head straight from their final savasana to brunch. Pieces can easily be dressed up or down and are designed to keep you comfortable all day long.
Splits59 Raquel Airweight leggings
- Why we love It: The super soft fabric will feel like butter against your skin. Once you slide these on, you may not want to take them off again.
- Fabric: 81% nylon and 19% spandex
- Endorsed By: Models like Elsa Hosk and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley have been spotted in the brand’s leggings.
As one of the world’s premiere sportswear brands, you can count on Nike to create clothes that are equal parts comfortable and cool.
Nike Yoga Dri-Fit Infinalon leggings
- Why we love It: These long leggings have cuffed ankles that can be pulled over your feet for extra support and grip.
- Fabric: 63% nylon, 37% elastane
- Endorsed By: From pro athletes to actresses and influencers—Nike is ubiquitous.
As the L.A. label’s moniker might suggest, this brand can take your yoga practice to the next level with clothes designed to enhance your time on the mat.
Beyond Yoga spacedye practice pants
- Why we love It: The brand’s signature Spacedye fabric has just the right amount of stretch.
- Fabric: 87% Polyester, 13% Lycra
- Endorsed By: Jennifer Lopez and Hailey Bieber are both fans of the label.
Madewell may be best known for its denim, but the beloved basics brand also has a strong offering of sportswear—for tennis, running, and yoga.
- Why we love It: These comfy leggings are designed out of recycled materials—specifically, 18 water bottles, according to their website.
- Fabric: 79% recycled polyester, 21% spandex
- Endorsed By: Over the years, a wide range of celebrities, from Carey Mulligan to Cate Blanchet, have been spotted in the brand.
Often considered the brand that kicked off the original yoga pants craze, Vancouver-based Lululemon is still creating the classics you love.
Lululemon Groove flared pants
- Why we love It: These pants are made in the brand’s Nulu fabric which is lightweight, silky soft, and super breathable.
- Fabric: 81% Nylon, 19% Lycra elastane
- Endorsed By: Meghan Markle and Selena Gomez have worn the brand’s comfy leggings.
For anyone who keeps tabs on Scandi style’s coolest brands, Filippa K will already be on your radar. The Stockholm-based brand makes sportswear that’s sleek enough to maybe even pull off at the office.
Filippa K boot cut leggings
- Why we love It: There’s a slightly ’80s-inspired feel to these glossy blue yoga pants. Even if jazzercise wasn’t your thing, you could get behind these playful pants for your next flow class.
- Fabric: 80% Polyamide, 20% Elastane
- Endorsed By: The brand is beloved by minimalist trendsetters like Tylynn Nguyen and Pernille Teisbaek.
Adidas by Stella McCartney
British designer Stella McCartney’s ongoing collaboration with athletics giant Adidas is defined by playful prints, bold colors, and futuristic design details.
Adidas by Stella McCartney Truepace jersey leggings
- Why we love It: McCartney’s commitment to sustainability means that these leggings are created using recycled polyester.
- Fabric: 79% recycled polyester, 21% Spandex
- Endorsed By: Jessica Alba and Beyoncé have both worn the brand.
Australians are known for their playful, bold sense of style. For this Aussie label, trend-forward design makes working out feel especially fun.
The Upside Lotus Milly flared track pants
- Why we love It: For those who prefer comfy cotton to stretch spandex, these are the pants that will help you relax during yoga class.
- Fabric: 48% modal, 48% cotton, 4% elastane
- Endorsed By: Dua Lipa and Mindy Kaling have posted photos in the brand’s matching sets.
This Australian label marries performance and playfulness with lots of color throughout the collection.
P.E. Nation Reaction 7/8 leggings
- Why we love It: These compression leggings offer support for your practice without sacrificing comfort.
- Fabric: 65% recycled nylon, 35% elastane
- Endorsed By: Elle Fanning and Margot Robbie count among the brand’s many fans.
If you’re a fan of getting outdoors, Prana is a label that specializes not only in gear for yoga, but also for life outside.
- Why we love It: These super soft leggings will keep you comfortable through class and beyond.
- Fabric: 85% recycled nylon, 15% elastane
- Endorsed By: Katie Holmes has worn this label’s comfy staples.
For those who think workouts shouldn’t be so serious, Outdoor Voices make clothes that are fun to wear. The brand’s leggings work for yoga, hiking, or even just hanging out at home.
Outdoor Vocies Flow 7/8 leggings
- Why we love it: Outdoor Voices’ super-soft flow leggings are perfect for a yoga class where you’ll be moving, twisting, and inverting.
- Fabric: Freeform fabric
- Endorsed by: The colorful brand is beloved by celebs including Laura Harrier, Sophie Turner, and Lorde.
For those whose style skews a bit more minimalist, this luxe London-based label is worth your consideration.
- Why we love it: These super high-waisted leggings will keep you supported as you move through your yoga practice.
- Fabric: 90% Polyamide, 10% Elastane
- Endorsed by: Model Paloma Elsesser has been spotted in the brand.
Norba Essential Leggings
Norba is a brand that keeps things simple. Instead of flashy details like logos or cutouts, the brand hones in on making their pieces the best of the best—no frills necessary.
- Why we love it: The brand’s Italian-made performance fabric is super soft to the touch, so you’ll be super comfortable throughout your practice.
- Fabric: 74% Polyamide 26% Elastane
Live The Process
NYC-based label Live The Process creates activewear essentials that have a refined and comfortable feel so each piece feels special.
Live the Process Orion cut-out stretch leggings
Why we love it: The four-way stretch and wide waistband are comfortable, while cutouts add a touch of edginess.
Fabric: 90% Spandex, 10% Lycra